Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral marital relationship regulation, whichsuggests that same sex married couples can get wed under the same healthconditions as opposite sex married couples. As a foreign person without residency in Sweden you can, sometimes, also acquire married in Sweden.
Requirements and also methods when marrying
You wear' t have to live( possess residency) in Sweden or possess aswedish womencitizenship to get married in Sweden. If neither of bothpossess Swedishcitizenship or post degree residency in Sweden, they need have residency (or one possess citizenship and the other one possess residency) in a nation where same sex collaboration or even relationship is lawful.
Inquiry right into restraints to relationship
Before a pair may get married to, the SwedishTax Organization (Skatteverket) should conduct a query into inhibitions of marital relationship (hindersprövning). The bride and groom needs to file a composed request to the SwedishIncome Tax Company. Application, sadly merely in Swedish, could be discovered at the Organization' s site.
According to Swedishrule, the following are actually taken into consideration obstacles to marriage:
- being under the age of 18 (the Region Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) can easily give an exception coming from this rule)
- being wedded or even signed up as companion to a person aside from the one you are about to marry
- being carefully pertaining to the person you' re going to wed; a linear straight ascendant or even spin-off or a complete brother or sister. Taken on brother or sisters are actually taken into consideration full brother or sisters due to the legislation, but can acquire authorization to marry coming from the County Administrative Panel, to get married to.
When the SwedishTax obligation Firm has actually produced the questions you obtain a certificate showing that the concern is actually accomplished as well as, if all works out, a relationship certification. The certification holds for four months coming from the day of accreditation. The certificates are actually to become offered to the formal carrying out the marriage ceremony.
Foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden
If bothare actually immigrants certainly not living in Sweden, they might only acquire married if bothof them have a legal right to marry or even enroll a partnership depending on to the rule of the state were they possess residency or even citizenship. It' s sufficient if bothof all of them have post degree residency, or even among them has citizenship and the various other one possesses post degree residency, in a country were actually the bride and groom possess a legal right to get married to or register an alliance.
If some of the all of them is actually a swedish women person or possess post degree residency in Sweden, they may wed in Sweden regardless of whether the other partner has residency or even citizenship in a country were it' s illegal for same-sex married couples to receive married/register an alliance.
The person without a professional link to Sweden must (in connection withthe submission of the composed ask for a questions into detriments of marriage) create a private see to a Tax Agency office to provide details about birthplace, native land, citizenship, sex, marital status as well as, if required, send a record of separation or even a fatality certification of a former partner.
In scenarios where none of the prospective spouses have a professional hookup, bothof them should send either:
- a marital relationship license issued throughan experienced authority in their condition of citizenship or even residency, or
- a certificate presenting the applicable rules of regulation in eachof their conditions of citizenship or post degree residency and also a certification showing their marital status. The certifications are only authentic when given out througha qualified authorization in the condition to whichthey are applicable, or even throughan experienced homeland authority in Sweden (suchas a consulate or even other equivalent authorization).
None of the certificates may be actually older than 4 months.